We are here to discuss and decide if and what is fake.
- Fake, by the definition of Wikipedia is:
Fake (plural fakes)
- Something which is not genuine, or is presented fraudulently.I suspect this passport is a fake.
- (sports) A move meant to deceive an opposing player, used for gaining advantage for example when dribbling an opponent.
- (archaic) A trick; a swindle
- By the definition of The Merriam-Webster dictionary:
Fake (noun) is one that is not what it purports to be: such as
a: a worthless imitation passed off as genuine
The signature was a fake.
He told everyone that he was a lawyer, but he was just a fake.
c: a simulated movement in a sports contest (such as a pretended kick, pass, or jump or a quick movement in one direction before going in another) designed to deceive an opponent
d: a device or apparatus used by a magician to achieve the illusion of magic in a trick
- And by the end of the day, who decides what is fake?
Is fake meaning not genuine? What is genuine? Who decides that?
Let’s think for a moment of an unknown branded type of sports shoe, that has a similarity with a very well-known brand. Is the newer brand fake, just because it has a similar name and shape, or it is a different one with similar characteristics?